MANHATTAN THEATRE CLUB
ANNOUNCES SECOND EXTENSION OF
THE ROYAL FAMILY
TICKETS NOW ON SALE THROUGH SUNDAY, DECEMBER 13
AT MTC’S SAMUEL J. FRIEDMAN THEATRE
“Something close to a miracle. Rosemary Harris and Jan Maxwell are giving the kind of performance that turn agnostics into true believers.”
– Ben Brantley, The New York Times
Lynne Meadow (Artistic Director) and Barry Grove (Executive Producer) are pleased to announce that due to popular demand, the Manhattan Theatre Club production of George S. Kaufman’s and Edna Ferber’s THE ROYAL FAMILY has been extended an additional two weeks at MTC’s Samuel J. Friedman Theatre (261 West 47th Street). This marks the second extension for the production, which is directed by Tony Award winner Doug Hughes (Doubt, Mauritius). Tickets are now on sale through Sunday, December 13.
THE ROYAL FAMILY has been hailed by critics and has received standing ovations at the Friedman since first preview. Below are some recent quotes from New York critics:
“THE ROYAL FAMILY has moments of sheer joy and lots of laughs from an amazing cast led by the adorable and charming Rosemary Harris and Jan Maxwell who brilliantly plays Julie.”
– Joan Hamburg, WOR
“Manhattan Theatre Club offers a splendid spread of Broadway pleasures. Rosemary Harris glides like a swan over the glistening pond of the play, while the divine Jan Maxwell plays her role with the sparkle, bubble, sweetness and bite of a properly chilled champagne.”
– Adam Feldman, Time Out New York
“4 STARS (OUT OF 5). Doug Hughes’ 16-member cast executes the hullabaloo to perfection. Watching Reg Rogers as Tony is a delight, reminding audiences that there are still actors alive who can marry rapier swordplay with rapier wit. Rosemary Harris possesses the driest wit in the house. Jan Maxwell draws huzzahs for humanity and comic attack. Her performance is highly accomplished.”
– Brendan Lemon, The Financial Times
Follow a famous family of stage stars as they go about the drama of the day: choosing scripts, dashing off to performances, stealing kisses from handsome beaus. But what’s this business about the youngest diva wanting to quit the stage for domestic bliss? Never, darling!
TICKETING INFORMATION FOR THE ROYAL FAMILY
- Single tickets to THE ROYAL FAMILY are available via www.Telecharge.com; by telephone at (212) 239-6200 or (800) 432-7250 if outside the NY metro area; and at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre box office (261 West 47th Street, between Broadway and 8th Avenue).
- THE ROYAL FAMILY tickets range in price from $57.00-$111.00.
Please note: For all weeks except Thanksgiving Week, THE ROYAL FAMILY is dark on Mondays.
- THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 1: Tuesday at 7 PM, Wednesday through Saturday at 8 PM. Matinees on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday at 2 PM.
- MONDAY, NOVEMBER 2 – SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 8: Tuesday at 7 PM, Wednesday through Saturday at 8 PM. Matinees on Saturday, and Sunday at 2 PM. Please note there are only 7 performances on sale to the general public this week.
- MONDAY, NOVEMBER 9 – SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 22: Tuesday at 7 PM, Wednesday through Saturday at 8 PM. Matinees on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday at 2 PM.
- MONDAY, NOVEMBER 23 – SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 29 (THANKSGIVING WEEK): Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday at 8 PM. Tuesday at 7 PM. Matinees on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday at 2 PM. Dark on Thursday.
- *EXTENSION WEEKS* MONDAY, NOVEMBER 30 – SUNDAY, DECEMBER 13: Tuesday at 7 PM, Wednesday through Saturday at 8 PM. Matinees on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday at 2 PM.
# # # #