In the New York City area, screenings continue at the AMC Empire 25, Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM), NYU’s Skirball Center, City Cinema 123, Kew Gardens Cinema, Fairfield University (CT), and more. National Theatre Live can be seen on over 300 screens throughout North America.
How had a twenty–two–year–old pretentious layabout made a discovery that would elude every other cinematic pioneer for years to come? In a remote village in Eastern Europe, around 1900, the young Motl Mendl is entranced by the flickering silent images on his father’s cinematograph. Bankrolled by Jacob (Sher), the ebullient local timber merchant, and inspired by Anna, the girl sent to help him make moving pictures of their village, he stumbles on a revolutionary way of story-telling. Forty years on, Motl – now a famed American film director – looks back on his early life and confronts the cost of fulfilling his dreams.
WHEN: VARYING DATES LISTED BELOW.
For a complete list of U.S. dates, times & locations, please check: www.ntlive.com
Example broadcasts in major markets are as follows.
NEW YORK, LOS ANGELES, CHICAGO, PHILADELPHIA, DALLAS, SAN FRANCISCO, BOSTON, WASHINGTON D.C., ATLANTA, HOUSTON, DETROIT
● NYU Skirball Center for the Arts (NY, NY) – February 9 at 7pm
● Cinema 123 (NY, NY) – February 9 at 7pm, February 12 at 2pm
● AMC Empire 25 (NY, NY) – February 9 at 7pm
● Jacob Burns Film Center (Pleasantville, NY) at 2 pm
● AMC Hamilton 24 (Trenton, NJ) – February 9 at 7pm
● Brooklyn Academy of Music (Brooklyn, NY) – February 23 at 7pm
● Kew Gardens Cinema (Queens, NY) – February 9 at 7pm
● Fairfield University (Fairfield, CT) – February 9 at 2 & 7pm
● Monmouth University (West Long Branch, NJ) – February 9 at 7pm
● Downtown Independent (Los Angeles, CA) – February 9 at 11am; 18 at 2pm; 23 at 7pm & March 7 at 7pm
● James Bridges Theater (UCLA) – February 12 at 4 pm
● La Mirada Theatre (La Mirada, CA) – February 19 at 2 pm
● Irvine Barclay Theater (Irvine, CA) – February 29 at 7:15pm
● Coolidge Corner Theatre (Brookline, MA) – February 9 at 7pm
● Shakespeare Theatre Company (DC) – March 3 at 8pm
● Guthrie Theater (Minneapolis, MN) – February 27 at 7:30pm
● Music Box (Chicago, IL) – February 20, time TBA
● Phoenix Art Museum (Phoenix, AZ) – February 26 at 2pm
● Kabuki Cinemas (San Francisco, CA) – February 13 at 7pm & February 18 at 12:30pm
● Michigan Theater (Ann Arbor, MI) – February 19, 7pm
● AMC Discover Hills (Lawrenceville, GA) – February 9 at 7pm
● Pavilions 15 (Denver, CO) – February 9 at 7pm
Ticket prices vary by venue. The average ticket price is $20. Contact local venues for ticket information.
On March 1st, NT Live will broadcast Shakespeare’s furiously paced The COMEDY OF ERRORS, directed by Dominic Cooke starring the hugely popular and ‘wonderfully funny’ (The Independent) comedian and actor Lenny Henry making his NT debut. The COMEDY OF ERRORS ‘is a crowd-pleasing show that brings festive, risqué cheer to the National’. (Evening Standard).
NT Live is distributed by New York-based BY Experience, Inc. (www.byexperience.net)
# # #