UK’S NATIONAL THEATRE
Adds a special bonus broadcast to the pilot season of NT Live
Directed by Nicholas Hytner
Beginning June 28, broadcasts of the live performance will be shown on screens across New York City and throughout the U.S.
“The funniest comedy in all of London. Not to be missed!”- Sunday Express
Boucicault’s brilliantly funny comedy LONDON ASSURANCE, starring Simon Russell Beale and Fiona Shaw in Nicholas Hytner’s sell-out hit production will be filmed live at the National Theatre in London on Monday, June 28th and broadcast by satellite to cinemas worldwide. NT Live performances are filmed live in high definition and broadcast via satellite to over 330 cinemas and performing arts centres around the world. London Assurance is the final play in the pilot season of NT Live, following the hugely successful broadcasts of Phèdre, All’s Well That Ends Well, Nation & The Habit of Art.
In the New York City area, screenings can be seen at Brooklyn Academy of Music, Skirball Center for the Performing Arts/NYU, Fairfield University (CT), Monmouth University (NJ) and the Shakespeare Theatre Company (DC).
Screenings can be seen on dozens of screens across the United States including Washington D.C., Hollywood, CA, Minneapolis, MN, Boston, MA, Daytona Beach, FL, Amherst, MA, St. Louis, MI, Allentown, PA, Middlebury, VT, Newport, OR, Berkley, CA and many more.
Broadcasts in the New York City area include:
- The Brooklyn Academy of Music – Monday, June 28 at 7pm
- Jack H. Skirball Center for the Performing Arts, NYU – Tuesday, June 29 at 7pm
- Jacob Burns Film Center, Pleasantville – Monday, June 28 at 2pm
- The Kew Gardens Cinema, Kew Gardens – Monday, June 28 at 2pm & 7pm
- Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center, Old Saybrook (CT) – Monday, June 28 at 2pm & 7pm
- Pollack Theatre / Monmouth University, West Long Branch (NJ) – Monday, June 28 at 7pm
- Time and Space, Hudson – Thursday, July 1 at 7pm & Sunday, July 11 at 1pm
- Regina A. Quick Center for the Arts, Fairfield University (CT) – Monday, June 28 at 2pm & Wednesday, June 30 at 7pm.
- Little Theatre Film Society, Rochester – Tuesday, July 13 & Thursday, July 15 at 7pm
For a complete list of U.S. dates, times & locations, please check: www.ntlive.com
Ticket prices vary by venue. The average ticket price is $20. Contact local venues for ticket information.
ABOUT LONDON ASSURANCE:
Dion Boucicault, the Irish genius of London theatre in the age of Dickens, wrote the brilliantly funny London Assurance in 1841 and created – in Sir Harcourt and Lady Spanker – two of the greatest comic roles of the English stage, played now at the National Theatre by Simon Russell Beale and Fiona Shaw. Sir Harcourt Courtly is lured away from the epicentre of fashionable London by the promise of a rich and beautiful bride, Grace, several decades his junior. Arriving at Oak Hall, Gloucestershire, he marvels at this rural Venus until her charms are eclipsed by her hearty cousin, the foxhunting Lady Gay Spanker. Meanwhile Sir Harcourt's disguised son turns up in flight from his creditors and falls head over heels for Grace. When Lady Spanker discovers the young couple, she needs little prompting to lead Sir Harcourt astray.
NT Live is distributed by BY Experience, Inc. NT Live is funded in partnership with Arts Council England and NESTA, and supported internationally by Travelex.
# # #