MANHATTAN THEATRE CLUB’S
TO PLAY FINAL PERFORMANCE OF
EXTENDED LIMITED ENGAGEMENT
SUNDAY, JUNE 13
“Linda Lavin is brilliant! She’s a marvel to watch
in this splendid MTC production.”
- Joe Dziemianowicz, New York Daily News
COLLECTED STORIES began previews on Friday, April 9 and opened on Wednesday, April 28. This Broadway premiere was honored by critics for Margulies’ play, Meadow’s direction, and the performances of Tony nominee Linda Lavin and Sarah Paulson. Below is a sampling of the notices for the production:
“Linda Lavin raises an eyebrow and communicates more than a lesser actor might squeeze from a long monologue. She knows this woman down to her fingertips, investing Pulitzer Prize winner Donald Margulies’ words with a piercing truth. Sarah Paulson gives an effective performance. Her teary earnestness in the climactic scene rings true.”
– Charles Isherwood, The New York Times
“Lovingly directed by Lynne Meadow, Donald Margulies delivers an engrossing play with characters that are interesting, intelligent women.”
– Linda Winer, Newsday
“Linda Lavin is brilliant. She’s a marvel to watch in this splendid Manhattan Theatre Club production. Lynne Meadow skillfully guides the cast through Margulies’ absorbing exploration of power, betrayal and morality.”
– Joe Dziemianowicz, New York Daily News
“Sarah Paulson is terrific. Her performance is brittle and precise, which is what makes it so effective. She and Linda Lavin tear up the stage All About Eve style.”
– Stephanie Zacharek, New York Magazine
COLLECTED STORIES stars Tony Award winner Linda Lavin (The Tale of the Allergist’s Wife, The New Century) and Golden Globe nominee Sarah Paulson (Still Life, Killer Joe, “Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip”).
The design team for COLLECTED STORIES includes Santo Loquasto (Scenic Design), Jane Greenwood (Costume Design), Natasha Katz (Lighting Design), and Obadiah Eaves (Original Music & Sound Design).
This acclaimed drama chronicles the relationship between two female writers – a celebrated New York author (Lavin) and her young protégé (Paulson). As their fascinating story evolves, and the line between fact and fiction blurs, the twists and turns of this complex relationship weave a play that's as smart and witty as it is powerful.
Lavin and Meadow reunited for this Broadway premiere after working together on MTC’s hit production of The Tale of the Allergist’s Wife.
For more information on MTC, please visit www.ManhattanTheatreClub.com.
TICKETING INFORMATION FOR COLLECTED STORIES
- Single tickets to COLLECTED STORIES are available via www.Telecharge.com; by telephone at (212) 239-6200 or (800) 432-7250 if outside the NY metro area; and at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre box office (261 West 47th Street, between Broadway and 8th Avenue).
- COLLECTED STORIES tickets range in price from $57.00-$97.00.
Please note COLLECTED STORIES is dark on Mondays:
- THROUGH SUNDAY, JUNE 13: Tuesday at 7 PM, Wednesday through Saturday at 8 PM. Matinees on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday at 2 PM.
# # # #