NJPAC - New Jersey Center for the Performing Arts (njpac.org)
Director, Digital Media 2013 - 2014
Managed Digital Media department to plan and implement a strategic web presence. Maintained websites through CMS. Managed vendors for site creation/changes, overseeing complete mobilization of website. Tracked online ticket sales from Ticketmaster. Supervised Social Media Manager, directed social media strategies and voice on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. Managed and optimized email campaigns using Constant Contact, tmMessenger, dotMailer and Patron Mail ESPs. Developed concepts for video promotions to drive ticket sales and social media engagement. Analyzed website analytics for accurate forecasting and site optimization using Google Analytics. Developed split-testing methodology to confirm email marketing campaign effectiveness. Managed digital media budget.
· Secured, managed and deployed Google AdWords campaigns with Google grant, giving organization $10,000 in free advertising each month
· Ensured consistent brand identify across digital media initiatives
· Improved the efficiency and productivity of email campaigns 30-40%, freeing time for more strategic initiatives
· Facilitated bookings and venue rentals and generated thousands in new revenue by producing virtual tour for Google Places Page
· Put SOPs into place and created systems to aggregate information to streamline work flow between external departments and Digital Department
THEANDYGRAM.COM (theandygram.com) West Milford, NJ
Writer, Website Developer, Theatre Critic & Blogger 2008 ‐ Present
Launched TheAndyGram.com as outlet for reviews of Broadway and off‐Broadway shows. Developed site using Joomla content management system and wrote 200+ reviews of Broadway and off-Broadway shows. Revenue generated through content syndication, ticketing affiliate program, AdSense display advertising, and repurposing of reviews into video for Broadway Channel.
· Skilled at tracking and analyzing Analytics to accommodate Search Engine algorithmic changes and their impact on the success of the business
JAZZ AT LINCOLN CENTER (jalc.org), New York, NY
Website & Internet Communications Manager 2008 ‐ 2013
Developed Digital Department to drive ticket sales by developing multimedia marketing content to support programming schedule, including live streaming of full concerts using LiveStream and YouTube. Drove ticket sales by creating and managing email campaigns through multiple vendors. Developed the organization’s social networking strategy with a presence on Facebook, Twitter, FourSquare, YouTube, and Pinterest. Implemented ecommerce solutions using Miva Merchant. Managed implementation of new Tessitura ticketing system into new website.
· Project managed move from static website to dynamic CMS (Joomla) improving time and cost efficiencies and maintaining consistent branding and program descriptions across multiple platforms
· Raised visibility of the organization digitally by closely monitoring Google Analytics and strategically adjusting the organization’s web presence
· Increased global awareness of the JAZZ brand by crafting and coordinating logistics with LiveStream and YouTube for live webcasts
TONY AWARD PRODUCTIONS (tonyawards.com), New York, NY
Website & Webcast Project Manager 2001 ‐ 2009
Wrote and produced compelling website content and red carpet webcasts to accompany telecast. Project managed team of 30 technical, marketing and editorial personnel. Liaised with television and event producers to create consistent brand between on‐air design and interactive design.
· Identified, structured, negotiated and closed strategic, marketing and operational partnerships enabling organization to do more with less]
THEATRE.COM (theatre.com), New York, NY
Director of Special Projects 1999 ‐ 2001
Coordinated development of database and back‐end user interface for national theatrical listings directory. Successfully developed strategic and operational partnerships to drive traffic, increase revenue and build brand awareness. Designed, implemented and managed membership ticket discount program.
PLAYBILL ON ‐ LINE (playbill.com), New York, NY
Managing Producer & MIS 1994 ‐ 1999
Developed and managed website from initial concept to leading website devoted to live theatre. Managed redevelopment of large data rich website at a time when dynamic websites were in their infancy. Developed proposals and pitched to major magazine and online advertisers to secure added revenue. Delivered high‐profile live online events such as backstage coverage of Tony Awards, Broadway show openings, celebrity chats and a daily news programming. Managed development of first online ticketing system for Broadway shows (in coordination with Telecharge and The Shubert Organization). Created Playbill Club, a membership based affinity program to help Broadway producers market their productions.
· Founded first web portal dedicated to live theatre - site purchased by Playbill Magazine and became Playbill.com
2013 Critic Fellow – National Critics Institute at the Eugene O’Neil Theatre Center, Waterford, CT
EDUCATION & AFFILIATIONS
Thomas Edison State College – Trenton, NJ, BA Candidate Theatre Arts ‐ expected 2015
Cittone Institute – Mahwah, NJ, Web Development – Certificate Program
American Academy of Dramatic Arts – New York, NY, Acting
2009 – Present – Member American Theatre Critics Association
2009 – Present – Member Independent Theatre Bloggers Association
1989 – Present – Member Actors’ Equity Association
Extensive use of:
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Hootsuite
Adobe CS6 - Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Flash
Pinnacle Studio and Avid Studio for video editing
Adobe Premiere - light experience
Constant Contact , MailChimp, dotMailer, Patron Mail and WordFly
Amazon , BuyAt, Commission Junction, and ClickBank;
AdSense , AdWords and Newstex; and Google Analytics and Woopra
Tessitura ticketing system and website interface TN Express Web
Patron’s Edge ticketing system Miva Merchant shopping cart system
HTML and CSS fundamental understanding